Disaster

I felt like a complete idiot… last night, while we were celebrating our friend Katie’s birthday (only eight days late), I had put some clothes in our large sink in our laundry room/half bath. They were all clothes that needed spot treatment (anyone with kids understands this) and I wanted them to soak in cold water before treating them with Shout. Well, I turned the water on, stepped out of the room while it was filling up and, you guessed it… forgot about it!!!

I walked in there to get something else and saw water everywhere including entering the hallway and also under the drier. Brad, Rob and I grabbed towels and started cleaning while Katie and Kyle watched the kids. We finally got it all cleaned up and we put all the towels in the wash.

About 15 minutes later, Rob went downstairs to adjust the humidity and noticed that the half of the basement had standing water! I can not believe how much water had come through the floor! Needless to say, the guys moved everything and used the shopvac to clean as much as possible. It still smelled wet, but we ran a fan and I think it’s finally drying out. Luckily we hadn’t gotten our drywall done yet (which is the next step in finishing a room downstairs). Unbelievable!

2 comments:

Katie @ the terpblog Thursday, December 13, 2007 10:26:00 AM  

Oh, that's not fun! If it makes you feel any better, it sounds exactly like something I would have done. Hope everything dries out soon!

Mindy Thursday, December 13, 2007 1:05:00 PM  

Oh NO!!! I don't know what to say, other than I am sure someday you'll look back at it and laugh (maybe you are already). I think Amber can relate... since she had a dishwasher mishap that caused a small flood earlier this year... :)


(photograph by Tina Vink, link on picture as well as below)
We are a busy family of five! I enjoy time with my husband and kids, running, being outdoors, shopping for deals, and cuddling. My wonderful husband keeps busy playing with the kiddos, hunting, fishing, exercising and working on projects around the house. Madisyn is six, in 1st grade, loves being outdoors and isn't one bit afraid of bugs or worms! Landon is four, a spitting image of Daddy, and is the sweetest, naughtiest and funniest little boy, all in one! Tinley was born February 24, 2012 and has already blessed us beyond belief! Here's a glimpse into our crazy and wonderful lives... hope you enjoy!







Tiece of Cake

I've finally decided to make a blog (Tiece of cake) dedicated to cakes... as to not consume the family blog.

(photograph by Mindy Leigh Photography, link on picture as well as below)

Madisyn Grace

Madisyn Grace
"Baby" & "M" (photograph by Melissa @ M Design and Photography, link on picture as well as below)

Landon Adrian

Landon Adrian
"LD" & "Bubba" (photograph by Melissa @ M Design and Photography, link on picture as well as below)